Workshop: Photographing on the Streets of Boston and on Halloween Night in Salem – Oct. 30 – Oct. 31, 2017
Come have fun with us in New England’s Witch Capital!
Registration Deadline: September 1, 2017
Boston and Salem – Small group 12-16
- 4 hours of classroom instruction, review and guidance
- 4 hours of photographing in Boston’s exceptional fall light with hands-on direction from Essdras
- 4.5 hours of photographing the unbelievable Halloween costuming and antics in Salem
- Review of photographs during and after the workshop
Why Halloween in Salem!
“In 2013, I had haunted house assignment in Salem, MA, a couple of days before Halloween. When I was done, I hung out for about 15 minutes and I made these few images.
If you’ve never had the opportunity of doing so I highly recommend you go spend Halloween in Salem, MA. It’s a visual candy story.
Today was nowhere near as packed as it’ll be tomorrow night and even still pictures were everywhere. I wish I had had more time to spend.
Monday, Oct. 30 – Day in Boston:
- Morning session – Group will meet for a slide show presentation/instruction inviting questions and answers
- Lunch on own
- Regroup to spend the afternoon (2 pm-6 pm) walking the streets of historical Boston and making use of the phenomenal afternoon and evening light photographing all that we see under the guidance and hands-on instruction from Essdras
- Dinner and evening on own (recommended reviewing photos and making a selection of 5 images to be submitted on a thumb drive and shared during tomorrow’s morning session)
Tuesday, Oct 31 – Day in Boston/Salem:
- Morning session in Boston: First, sharing photos and getting feedback, then, Essdras will address how to make take an image you find questionable or on which you would like input and make it a great photo!
- Lunch on own
- Regroup and take the 3:15 p.m. train to Salem – photographing along the way – and arriving in Salem at 3:49 p.m.
- Spend the afternoon and evening (4-8:30) photographing the amazing Halloween in Salem
- Take 8:46 p.m. train back to Boston – arriving at 9:18 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov 1 in Boston:
- Return home
- Cost: $375 per person
- Registration: Sept. 1, 2017 ($95)
- Final Payment: Oct. 1, 2017 ($280)
- Additional cost: Return train ride to Salem for $30
- Sessions will be held at Boston Board Rooms, 53 State Street, Suite 500, Boston, MA, 10:00 am to 12 noon.
- Submit photos after the workshop to: MillionEyez