Another Snow Storm in Boston
Once more we were hit by a bit of snow and the city came to a stand still. People stayed home and telecommuted for work. However, I enjoy walking around when there is snow on the ground and to let my creativity soar. A lot of times this is easily achieved by gaining a high-vantage view point.
- The image of the lonely road and the winter landscape was shot right next to my place on the rooftop of a parking garage structure.
- The image of Post Office Square where there are some people tossing about snow balls was shot from the 23rd floor of an office building where a friend of mine works.
- Then, on my way back to the car I noticed the bright red roses and rose petals in a window display. So I decided to incorporate both into one image by looking at the reflection of passers going by and by waiting for the right person to walk by. And once more, serendipity smiled at me. The young woman walking was carrying a cup of coffee in her hands and because her hands were up in front of her they matched perfectly with the set of roses inside the flower shop.
- Nikon D4 and Nikon D3s. ISO 800.
- Speeds 1/125th to 1/800th of a second.
- Lenses 70-200mm 2.8 and a 24-70mm 2.8.
- WB: Cloudy. Compensation: 1 1/3rd of a stop.
- Mode: First Aperture priority to get my base line readings and then switched to Manual to better control exposure.