Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who typically goes on an adventure with EMS Photo Adventures?
A: Photographers, who want to spread their wings, love to travel, have a spirit of adventure, are curious, want to improve their skills – and most of all – want to have fun learning.
Q: Are EMS Photo Adventures just for experienced photographers.
A: No. Although EMS Adventures are created to improve the photographic experience, they can also be great fun for those who want to just capture the experience in a more casual way as a companion to the more serious photographer.
Q: As a photographer going on the adventure, how experience do I have to be?
A: Because adventures are focused improving your photography, you should be familiar and confident with your gear. It is recommended photographers have their own DSLR or Mirorrless Digital Camera(s).
Q: What will I learn?
A: Outside of being part of a fun and exciting adventure, you will gain greater understanding of the techniques you can use on a day-to day basis to capture that special photo. You will gain knowledge both by on-location instruction and practice on how to construct and frame your photo through the viewfinder. We’ll make sure you understand the reasons why something works or does not. By teaching you to understand rather than memorize theory, this knowledge becomes part of your practical knowledge repertoire and not just a memorized rule or tip.
Q: What is typically included in the cost of an EMS Photo Adventure?
A: Although not all, the majority of our adventures include:
- One or more bi-lingual photographers
- A local guide familiar with the country and local area
- All but a few select meals. Meals “on your own” are intended to allow participants the freedom to have a lunch or dinner at a location of their choosing.
- Lodging at the areas’ best hotels or, at times, in a unique setting for cultural appreciation.
- All local ground transport and domestic flights necessary to navigate within the context of the adventure.
- Fees for special events, speakers and guest photographers.
- Admission to all buildings, public or private, identified in the itinerary.
- Bottled water in those countries where drinking the local water is not advised.
- Access to print an enhanced itinerary in a PDF format.
Q: What is typically NOT included in the cost of an EMS Photo Adventure?
A: With some exceptions (which would be specifically identified), our adventures do not include:
- International and/or domestic flights to and from the destination from which the adventure will begin.
- Airline baggage fees – contact the airline of your choice and determine weight and baggage limits for both domestic and international fights.
- Medical Insurance (it is advised you purchase an international medical coverage plan)
- Well in advance of departure date, check online with Wikipedia “Visa requirements for US citizens” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_United_States_citizens)
- If a visa is required, make application to the issuing country as soon as possible.
- Tips for local guides and drivers. Tipping recommendations will be given upon request.
- Meals other than those listed on the itinerary
- Individual house and/or hotel expenses: mini bar, room service, laundry, phone calls and snacks.
- All alcoholic, fruit and soft drinks not served as part of the included meal.
Q: Does EMS Photo Adventures collaborate with others?
A: Some adventures are solely an EMS PA endeavor and others are in collaboration with other organizations and agencies (often at their request).
- When we collaborate with others, we continue to ensure that the itinerary is focused on photographic opportunities and will be an unique experience for those who join us.
- We will clearly inform you when we are working in collaboration and, in that regard, at times the collaborating agency will be handling the details of the booking process..