Capturing the Pacific Northwest: Seattle & Olympic National Park
June 12-18, 2022
Joyce Chase @
- Explore some of the fabulous sites Seattle has to offer including:
- Pike Place Market,
- The bustling waterfront
- The Space Needle and Seattle Center
- Chihuly Gardens and Glass
- Spend two days in the incredible Olympic National Park visiting peaks, valleys and waterfront locations.
- Participants: Min. 8 – Max. 12
- Tour Locations: Seattle, Washington and Olympic National Forest
- Dates: June 12-18, 2022
- Cost: $3,425
- Registration/Deposit: $855 – due January 10, 2022
- Note 5% of the deposit is non-refundable
- Final Payment: $2,570 – due April 10, 2022
Seattle offers so much. The first morning will be spend exploring Seattle’s at famous Pike Place Market and visiting the Seattle Aquarium that houses birds, mammals, fish and invertebrates. Next is a visit to the Seattle Art Museum’s Outdoor Sculpture Park – the nine-acre sculpture park offering fascinating ways to photograph the works of art.
Day 2 is for Uptown Seattle where the Seattle Center, the International Fountain, and the Space Needle are located. Then, a very special afternoon exploring the amazing glass sculptures at the Chihuly Gardens and Glass.
Olympic National Park:
The journey to the Olympic National Park begins by taking the Seattle Ferry to Bainbridge Island, then driving to Port Angeles and the Park Headquarters. After a brief stop for a break and a snack, a morning hike on the Hurricane Ridge is on the agenda.
After lunch, it is onto Lake Crescent where we will be lodging and exploring Lake Crescent’s Marymere Falls and Moments in Time Trails.
Day 2 begins with a short drive to the Mora area where an exploration of the Second and Third Beaches is mandatory. This is where iconic coastal Pacific Northwest scenes abound with their volcanic black sand, fallen weathered logs and conifer-filled small plateau islands jutting out the surf. The beaches fully explored, we will then drive to Sequim where we will stop for lunch and take time to visit Carrie Lake Park.
We will then drive back to Bainbridge where we will enjoy our evening meal and catch the Ferry back to Seattle. The Ferry will offer an opportunity to photograph Seattle’s skyline from a different vantage viewpoint.
The well-known Fishermen’s Terminal is where we will begin our last day in Seattle. The Terminal is the home port for both Seattle’s commercial fishing fleet and non-commercial pleasure craft – in essence a fishing port..
After lunch, we will take a very short trip to visit the Ballard Locks where we will find a Heron Rookery, migrating salmon, a marvelous museum and a notable Botanical Garden.
On our way to have our Farewell Dinner, we will drive through the Golden Garden’s Park.
- Lodging: 1 night in Olympic National Park
- Meal: Farewell Dinner
- Ground Transportation: 3 days in a Mini Coach
- Entry to all locations/sites
- Ferry ride to and from Bainbridge Island
Cost Does Not Include:
- Flight to and from Seattle and transport to your hotel and all associated costs associated with activity such as baggage surcharges, taxes and fees
- Lodging in Seattle
- Meals except Farewell Dinner
- Gratuities and personal expenses such as: alcoholic drinks, phone calls, snacks, souvenirs, etc.