Capturing the Pacific Northwest: Seattle & Olympic National Park
June 12-18, 2022
WA - Seattle - Pike Place Market
WA - Seattle - Seattle Center
WA - Seattle - Downtown
WA - Seattle - Seward Park
WA - Ruby Beach
Joyce Chase ©
- Explore some of the fabulous sites Seattle has to offer including:
- Pike Place Market,
- The bustling waterfront
- The Space Needle and Seattle Center
- Chihuly Gardens and Glass
- Spend two days in the incredible Olympic National Park visiting peaks, valleys and waterfront locations.
- Participants: Min. 8 – Max. 12
- Tour Locations: Seattle, Washington and Olympic National Forest
- Dates: June 12-18, 2022
- Cost: $3,425
- Registration/Deposit: $855 – due January 10, 2022
- Note 5% of the deposit is non-refundable
- Final Payment: $2,570 – due April 10, 2022
You will arrive in Seattle at your scheduled time and find your way to your hotel.
- We will begin our explorations of Seattle at famous Pike Place Market where we will photograph all the happenings and activity surrounding the famous Market. Then, we will visit to the Seattle Aquarium that houses birds, mammals, fish and invertebrates.
- After lunch a visit to the Seattle Art Museum’s Outdoor Sculpture Park is on the schedule. The nine-acre sculpture park offers opportunities to find fascinating ways to photograph the works of art.
- We will be off to explore Uptown Seattle where we will find the Seattle Center, the International Fountain, and the Space Needle.
- This will be followed by lunch and a very special afternoon exploring the amazing glass sculptures at the Chihuly Gardens and Glass.
- Getting an early start, we head to the Olympic National Park.
- We begin the journey by embarking first on a Seattle Ferry to Bainbridge Island, then driving to Port Angeles and the Park Headquarters.
- Here we will make a brief stop for a break and a snack and then continue to the entry of Hurricane Ridge. After hiking the ridge and photographing the landscape, we will return to Port Angeles for lunch.
- After lunch we will take a scenic drive to Lake Crescent, check in to our hotel, and then set out to explore Lake Crescent’s Marymere Falls and Moments in Time Trails.
- After breakfast, we make our way back to Seattle with many adventures along the way.
- A short drive takes us to the Mora area where an exploration of the Second and Third Beaches is mandatory where iconic coastal Pacific Northwest scenes abound with their volcanic black sand, fallen weathered logs and conifer-filled small plateau islands jutting out the surf.
- The beaches fully explored, we will then drive to Sequim where we will stop for lunch and take time to visit Carrie Lake Park.
- We will then drive back to Bainbridge where we will enjoy our evening meal and catch the Ferry back to Seattle. The Ferry will offer an opportunity to photograph Seattle’s skyline from a different vantage viewpoint.
- Fishermen’s Terminal is where we will begin our last day in Seattle. The Terminal is the home port for both Seattle’s commercial fishing fleet and non-commercial pleasure craft – in essence a fishing port where we will find great photo ops such as the forest of masts, and where a cornucopia of interesting reflections abound.
- After lunch, we will take a very short trip to visit the Ballard Locks where we will find a Heron Rookery, migrating salmon, a marvelous museum and a notable Botanical Garden.
- On our way to have our Farewell Dinner, we will drive through the Golden Garden’s Park.
- Return home.
- Lodging: 1 night in Olympic National Park
- Meal: Farewell Dinner
- Ground Transportation: 3 days in a Mini Coach
- Entry to all locations/sites
- Ferry ride to and from Bainbridge Island
Cost Does Not Include:
- Flight to and from Seattle and transport to your hotel and all associated costs associated with activity such as baggage surcharges, taxes and fees
- Lodging in Seattle
- Meals except Farewell Dinner
- Gratuities and personal expenses such as: alcoholic drinks, phone calls, snacks, souvenirs, etc.