Cuba: A Photog’s Delight/ March 3-10th, 2023
- Document daily life in this fantastic island nation
- Access to artisans and free enterprise
- Meet with photographers and artists in Havana to discuss their work and the important role art plays in the lives of Cubans
- Learn to improve the artistic and technical aspects of your photography
- Experience the new spirit of free enterprise while patronizing paladares in casas particulares.
- Total cost $5,040 p/p
- Participants: Min. 8 – Max. 12
- Save your spot: $200 by July 15, 2022- (Note: Your initial $200 deposit is non-refundable, but it is transferable to other EMS Photo Adventures services such as portfolio reviews or for future workshops)
- Your Deposit of $1,235 by Sept. 15, 2022
- Your Final Payment by Dec. 15, 2022
- Single occupancy: $273
Join Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist Essdras M Suarez, Travel/Cultural Photographer M-J L. Adelman, and Cuban Photography Teacher Joel Hernández Marín for an inspiring photographic journey into the heart of Cuba while learning to improve the artistic and technical aspects of your photography.
- Capture the architecture and daily life on the streets and in the historic squares in Old Havana. And, of course, photograph the ubiquitous and beautifully restored classic American cars, which are tenderly dubbed by Cubans as “almendrones” because of their big sensuous curves.
- Meet and interact with Cuban artists in their studios and enjoy performances by both traditional and Afro-Cuban dancers
- Visit Fusterlandia - the home of painter, and sculptor José Rodriguez Fuster - and delight at how he has decorated his neighborhood into what has described a fairyland of Gaudiesque mosaic art sprinkled with elements of Picasso and Jean Debuffet.
- Stroll El Callejón de Hamel where you will marvel at the environment created by painter, muralist, and sculptor Salvador Gonzales Escalona.
- Shoot side by side with Cuban photographers and share photographic thoughts and perspectives
- Return briefly to the 1800s in the most delightful, warm and congenial city of Trinidad de Cuba
- Experience the new spirit of free enterprise as we patronize family- owned restaurants and stay in casas particulars (privately- owned accommodations).
And as always, we will keep our eyes open for photographic opportunities as we get to know Cubans through the lens — one-on-one!
- 8 nights of accommodations
- Customary gratuities throughout the program
- Included 20 meals
- On your own: 1 Lunch and 2 Dinners
- Ground Transportation
- Lodging in Casa Particulars (Privately Owned Accommodations)
Note: Full itinerary and details available upon booking.
Testimonial: “This was one of the best travel experiences I've ever had. Our leader Essdras was outstanding and was able to provide an insight into the Cuban culture that was unique and fascinating. If you take this trip, expect to be shoved out of your comfort zone, in a very good way. As I said on the previous page, easily the best group leader I've ever traveled with, including those from National Geographic and Smithsonian. In addition, a wonderful photography teacher.” ... Ann
SPECIAL NOTE: Our programs are organized through a company, Education Travel Alliance, which has been licensed by the US DOT OFAC, Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). It is through agents like ETA that OFAC authorizes registered guests of our programs to legally travel to Cuba to participate and engage in a full-time schedule of authorized exchange activities in Cuba, which will involve meaningful interaction between travelers and people in Cuba.