Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way and the Northern Passage/ October 2023
- Explore Dublin
- Tour the northern passage of the Wild Atlantic Way
- See a sheepdog demonstration
- Take a Cliffs of Moher boat ride- weather permitting
- Enjoy Galway with its lively city-life and colorful waterfront.
- Wander Kylemore Abbey
- Capture the monastery ruins by Cong River, and the quaint ambiance of the village of Cong
- Stand in the highest sea cliffs in Europe – Slieve League Cliffs
- Participants: Min 8 – Max 10
- Dates: October 2023 (exact dates TBA)
- Tour Price: TBA
- Registration/Deposit: Deadline is January 11, 2023 TBA
- Note 5% of the deposit is non-refundable
- Final Payment: June 11, 2023 – TBA
- Single Supplement: TBA
Dublin – 2 Days
When you arrive in Dublin – usually in the early morning – you will be met and transported to the hotel. We will meet in the dining area for brunch and an overview of the adventure. Our afternoon will be spent exploring Dublin and wandering the beautiful Saint Stephen’s Green which is centered on a formal garden and with unique areas around the perimeter where we can photograph people and wildlife.
The next day will visit some of Dublin’s well-known sites such as the fabulous and colorful EPIC (Irish Emigration Museum) that helps answer the question: “What does it mean to be Irish!” and the oldest university in Ireland – Trinity College.
Galway – 2 Days
On to the Dingle Peninsula – one of the most scenic drives in Ireland – with stops along the way taking advantage of some amazing views and photo opportunities. Then, take a unique cruise to see the Cliffs of Moher from a new perspective while watching the waters for marine wildlife.
Day 2: Spend the morning on the grounds of the Gothic Kylemore Abbey, built in the late 1800s, where you can stroll the Victorian Walled Garde, marvel at the “Cathedral in Miniature,” the neo-Gothic Church built in the 14C, and wander inside the Castle and view the newly restored rooms.
Return in time to explore Galway’s Quay Street and the waterfront with its rows of colorful houses decorating the port and photograph people along this very active thoroughfare.
Sligo – 1 Day
Cong is next on our list. Cong houses the Cong Abbey and the location where the “The Quiet Man” featuring John Wayne & Maureen O’Hara was filmed in 1952.
On the way to Sligo, photographing the Streedagh Strand is a must. The Strand is an impressive long sandy beach consisting of sand flats and saltmarsh providing a thriving habitat for a rich array of flora and fauna.
The day will be completed with a photo review and discussion
Donegal – 2 Days
A visit to the burial site of William Butler Yeats, one of Irelands famous writer & poet of the 20th Century, begins our day followed by a stop to photograph Glencar Waterfall and the rugged coastline.
This afternoon takes us off the beaten track and to the trail known as Lough Eske Drive, and area surrounded by the Majestic Bluestack Mountains and amazing views. The remainder of day will be spent exploring Donegal – a fairytale of a place – featuring a charming harbor, serene beaches and stoic stone remains of centuries past
Day 2: Photographing the highest sea cliffs in Europe – the incredible Slieve League Cliffs, is memorable. At 2000 feet, Slieve League is three times taller than the Cliffs of Moher. Some say: “Standing at the top of the magnificent Slieve League Cliffs, it feels like you’re at the very edge of the world. Further on the coastal route is the Crohy Head Sea Arch – the viewed from the cliff is stunning.
Dublin – 1 Day
During the return drive to Dublin there are several scheduled stops. The first is a visit to Belleek Pottery where Fine Parian china is made. A tour offers an opportunity to watch the skilled craftspeople use techniques which have been passed down through the generations.
The final stop is at Phoenix Park, just outside of Dublin. The Park features: the 1861 Wellington Testimonial Obelisk, 1747 Phoenix Monument and 1979 Papal Cross and possibly herd of red Deer
Dublin – Fly Home
Check out of hotel and be transported to airport for flight home
- Transport – Midi Coach for all transfers, touring and sightseeing
- Services of a professional Irish driver/guide throughout
- Accommodations in hotels for 12 nights
- Full Irish Breakfast daily at hotels
- All meals except 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- Taxes and service charges on items included
Rate does not include:
- The cost of transportation to and from Dublin, Ireland – including all costs associated with that activity such as baggage surcharges, taxes and fees.
- Gratuities and personal expenses such as: alcoholic drinks, phone calls and snacks.