EMS Photo Adventures
What we do
The mission of EMS Photo Adventures is to offer a fresh perspective on the world, secure the recognition you deserve, and enhance the photographic skills of all levels of photographers. Under the guidance of world-class mentors, including two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Essdras M. Suarez and his colleagues, we’re committed to nurturing your talent and elevating your photographic journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Photographers, who want to spread their wings, love to travel, have a spirit of adventure, are curious, want to improve their skills – and most of all – want to have fun learning.
No. Although EMS Adventures are created to improve the photographic experience, they can also be great fun for those who want to just capture the experience in a more casual way as a companion to the more serious photographer. It is not uncommon for traveling companions to start paying attention to photo tips being offered and for them to become fully vested in the enjoyment of the photographic part of the journey.
Because adventures are focused improving your photography, you should be familiar and confident with your gear. It is recommended photographers have their own DSLR or Mirorrless Digital Camera(s). However, a lot can be done nowadays with your mobile device.
Outside of being part of a fun and exciting adventure, you will gain greater understanding of the techniques you can use on a day-to day basis to capture that special photo. You will gain knowledge both by on-location instruction and practice on how to construct and frame your photo through the viewfinder. We’ll make sure you understand the reasons why something works or does not. By teaching you to understand rather than memorize theory, this knowledge becomes part of your practical knowledge repertoire and not just a memorized rule or tip.
Although not all, the majority of our adventures include:
- One or more bi-lingual photographers
- A local guide familiar with the country and local area
- All but a few select meals. Meals “on your own” are intended to allow participants the freedom to have a lunch or dinner at a location of their choosing.
- Lodging at the areas’ best hotels or, at times, in a unique setting for cultural appreciation.
- All local ground transport and domestic flights necessary to navigate within the context of the adventure.
- Fees for special events, speakers and guest photographers.
- Admission to all buildings, public or private, identified in the itinerary.
- Bottled water in those countries where drinking the local water is not advised.
- Access to print an enhanced itinerary in a PDF format.
With some exceptions (which would be specifically identified), our adventures do not include:
- International and/or domestic flights to and from the destination from which the adventure will begin.
- Airline baggage fees – contact the airline of your choice and determine weight and baggage limits for both domestic and international fights.
- Medical Insurance (it is advised you purchase an international medical coverage plan)
- Well in advance of departure date, check online with Wikipedia “Visa requirements for US citizens” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_United_States_citizens)
- If a visa is required, make application to the issuing country as soon as possible.
- Tips for local guides and drivers. Tipping recommendations will be given upon request.
- Meals other than those listed on the itinerary
- Individual house and/or hotel expenses: mini bar, room service, laundry, phone calls and snacks.
- All alcoholic, fruit and soft drinks not served as part of the included meal.
Some adventures are solely an EMS PA endeavor and others are in collaboration with other organizations and agencies (often at their request).
- When we collaborate with others, we continue to ensure that the itinerary is focused on photographic opportunities and will be an unique experience for those who join us.
- We will clearly inform you when we are working in collaboration and, in that regard, at times the collaborating agency will be handling the details of the booking process..