3 Day Boston Street Photography & the Art of Seeing June 6-8th, 2024
Learn to see all things photography including Street, Portrait, Abstracts, etc as we explore Boston through our photographic devices.
- Learn how to discover where “the photo lives” within and urban landscape as you receive hands-0n location as well as classroom instruction from 2X Pulitzer- Prize-winning photographer Essdras M Suarez
- Day I:
- Morning Session: 2-hour in-class session discussing Street Photography concepts, and the Art of Seeing. We’ll discuss topics such as composition, quality of light, and when to use your telephoto vs your wide-angle lens, etc.
- Lunch: on your own Afternoon Session: o Boston Commons o Public Garden
- Commonwealth Ave
- Trinity Church and Trinity Plaza
- Morning Session: 2-hour in-class session reasserting the concept of Street Photography, and the Art of Seeing. We’ll discuss topics such as decisive moments, and storytelling.
- Lunch: on your own Afternoon Session:
- Chinatown o Rose Kennedy Greenway
- Downtown Crossings
- Morning Session: Two to three-hour photo walk session in the North End.
- A group virtual session where we can review some of the photos made during the workshop.
- Extra bonus only for Boston: 30- min one on one virtual photo review session with Essdras
- Workshop Cost: $1,200
- Minimum of 8/ max of 14
- Initial deposit: $300
- Final Payment: April 5th, 2024
(non-refundable/ full transferable to another EMS PA program or product within 364 calendar days after the completion date of this program.)
Boston Street Photography & the Art of Seeing: A Three-Day Immersion
Unlock your creative potential in this enriching three-day program designed to elevate your skills in street photography and visual storytelling.
What You’ll Experience:
Classroom Learning: Dive into 4-5 hours of theory to master the fundamentals of great composition, the art of capturing decisive moments, and the importance of shadows.
On-the-Field Training: Spend 10-12 hours practicing on Boston’s vibrant streets, getting real-time, in-situ feedback. Locations include Boston Common, Boston Public Gardens, Downtown Crossings, Chinatown, Rose Kennedy Greenway, and Boston’s Four Point Channel.
What You’ll Learn:
Composition: Craft compelling street photographs by understanding key elements of composition.
The Decisive Moment: Capture the ‘right’ moment for complete storytelling in a single frame.
The Play of Shadows: Utilize natural and artificial light for dramatic effects.
Why Choose This Program?
Become a Better Photographer: Receive hands-on instruction to elevate your skills and learn tips and techniques that will take your photography to new heights.
Gain Recognition: Produce exceptional images that earn admiration from photography club members and accolades from friends and family alike.
Explore Your Creative Side: Harness your creative potential, capturing the rich nuances of Boston’s diverse culture and natural beauty.
See Differently: Develop a fresh perspective as you photograph urban wonders and architectural marvels, broadening your visual storytelling capabilities.
By the end of the program, you’ll walk away with technical expertise and a newfound understanding of how to see—and capture—the world through your lens.